Here’s the latest.
• The fire is over 2600 acres and 5% contained at this time. There is a chance of rain which should help fire crews.
• Structures are threatened and there has been one structure lost in Foresta. Strike teams have been stationed at residences to protect these facilities.
• Crane Flat and Yosemite Creek Campgrounds have been closed. Bridalveil Campground is being used for fire operations.
• The Big Oak Flat Road is closed between Crane Flat south to the Highway 140 Junction. This is a hard closure until further notice for the public, employees and residents.
• Tioga Pass Road, Hwy 41 and Hwy 140 remain open.
• Over 700 fire resources including ground and air teams have been assigned.
Here’s a map so you can get an idea of where the fire is in relation to other fires which have burned that area. Click to see a full size PDF that’s easily readable.