The Rim Fire continues to burn out of control this morning and remains a pain in the ass to attack due to steep terrain and the inaccessible nature of the area.
Here’s what’s going on:
- Highway 120 from Groveland to Yosemite is still closed. Use Highway 49.
- Rangers are turning around visitors at the 120 exit of the park.
- Massive evacuations are still in effect from Ferretti Road to Yosemite National Park’s boundary.
- 2 homes and five buildings were lost.
- 2500 other structures are threatened.
Rain showers helped yesterday halting the spread of the fire in several directions but the fire is continuing to burn in a southeasterly direction. The fire is 0% contained.
Photo courtesy of EastBayExpress.com