Reading a good book in the Ahwahnee is a great way to relax in Yosemite. Photo by Steve Rhodes.
Most visitors to Yosemite are hit-men, well, loosely speaking. They have a list of things to see and they won’t be satisfied until they check each and every one of them off their list. Yosemite isn’t about checking off lists. It’s about relaxing and enjoying nature. Try some of these ways to relax next time you come to Yosemite
1) Prop your feet up and read a book in the Ahwahnee.
2) Sit by the river on Sentinel Beach and listen to the sound of the river.
3) Lay in a meadow and watch the clouds pass over head (Yes, there are plenty of meadows to lay in. No reservations required.)
4) Dangle your feet over Swinging Bridge (or Housekeeping Camp Footbridge) and watch the fish in the river.
5) Sit on the rocks at Glacier Point and watch people.
So kick up your feet. Relax. Unwind a little.