On Wednesday, July 30, 2008 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm, the National Park Service will be holding an open house at the Visitors Center Auditorium in Yosemite Valley. Visitors are invited to:
- Talk to park staff and listen to presentations given throughout the day
- Review newly released documents and reports
- Submit comments on proposed projects and ongoing implementation efforts
You’ll also be able to discuss planning efforts and projects going on within the park including:
- Yosemite Valley’s Black Oaks
- Are black oaks on the decline in Yosemite?
- Tuolumne Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Environmental Education Campus
- Construction and Project Updates
For more information check out the National Park Services’ Planning website or call (209) 379-1294.